Sunday, March 4, 2012

Menu Plan March 5-9


Here is the menu plan for the week!

Monday: Slow Cooker Pulled Pork


I have seen many recipes for pulled pork that have a can of soda, so this week I am giving it a try. I have read that the soda helps to tenderize the meat. I have seen some recipes that use root beer or Dr. Pepper, but this week I decided to use our new favorite natural soda. The soda is called Zevia and is a cola flavor. What is great about this soda is it is sweetened with stevia instead of sugar.


Slow Cooker Pulled Pork

1 1/2 - 2 pounds of boneless pork roast
1 can of Zevia soda
1 bottle of BBQ sauce (I prefer Dinosaur BBQ original recipe)

Put all three ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 5-6 hours.

I love to top my pulled pork sandwiches with a slice of extra sharp cheddar cheese. I also choose a roll that is not soft, but crusty and holds up well. 



Tuesday: Mexican Stuffed Shells


This recipe is from The Way To His Heart...


Wednesday: Buffalo Chicken Salad

Buffalo Chicken Salad

For the chicken:
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced into strips
3/4 cup Frank's hot sauce
1 tablespoon butter

For the salad:
mixed greens or the lettuce of your choice
baby carrots
celery, chopped into small bite size pieces
blue cheese salad dressing (some people prefer ranch)

optional toppings: crumbly blue cheese, tomatoes, onions, or any other vegetable

To prepare the chicken, melt the butter and mix it with the hot sauce. Marinate the chicken in the hot sauce mixture for 1 hour. Using a grill pan, (or the outdoor grill) grill the chicken strips until they are cooked, about 10 minutes.

Prepare your salad and top with grilled chicken. Enjoy!



Thursday: Crispy Cheddar Chicken

This recipe is from Jamie Cooks it Up!


Friday: Pasta with Shrimp and Vodka sauce

I am so excited to give this recipe a try. I have adapted it only by adding shrimp instead of clams. Can't wait for this one!!


The original recipe can be found at Framed Cooks

Have FUN!! As always, let me know if you try any of these recipes and what you think!



5 comments: