Sunday, February 26, 2012

Menu Plan February 27-March 2

Here is my meal plan for this week. Let me know if you try any of these recipes, and of course what you think!!

Monday: Chicken Souvlaki Pita Pockets

Chicken Souvlaki Pita Pockets
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
Vinaigrette or Greek dressing (my favorite is Newman's Own-Family Recipe Italian)
For the salad: lettuce, tomatoes, feta cheese (I prefer sheep's milk feta), olives, onions
whole wheat pita pockets

Marinate the chicken in the dressing for 2-3 hours or overnight.
In a large skillet pour in the chicken and marinade. Cook for 10-15 minutes on medium heat until chicken is cooked all the way through. While the chicken is cooking prepare your salad.
Mix the salad ingredients together in a big bowl.
Cut each pita pocket in half and warm for 20 seconds in the microwave.
To assemble the pita pockets put in about 1/2 cup of the salad and 4 -5 bite size pieces of chicken. Then top with a small amount of the dressing. Enjoy!


Tuesday: Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans

Source: Cooking Light


Wednesday: Corn Cakes with Tomato and Avocado Relish


Thank you to Annie at Annie's Eats for this recipe!


Thursday: Crockpot Tacos


Source: Chocolate Therapy

Friday: Salmon with Mango-Kiwi Salsa


Source: Cooking Light

ENJOY!! 

1 comment:

  1. I tried the crock pot tacos tonight and they were so good! I'm not a huge fan of regular salsa, so I adapted the recipe a bit. I used Neuman's Own Black Bean and Corn Salsa and skipped the taco seasoning. I added some chopped jalapenos and jalapeno juice for a little extra heat and served them on white corn tortillas with lettuce, cheese and plain, non-fat greek yogurt. Yummy!!
    *Just a note...the corn tortillas are gluten free, but they don't hold up very well. If you like tortillas that really hold your taco together I don't think the corn ones are the way to go. :)

    ReplyDelete