Monday, July 16, 2012

Menu July16- July 20

Meal plans are so hard in the summer! I keep trying to stick to the meals I want to make but it just doesn't happen. That doesn't mean I am going to stop meal planning though. Meal planning forces me to have food in the house for meals no matter when we actually eat them. You can pretty much guarantee that I will not be making these exact meals on these exact days. But I do have all the ingredients ready to go for whenever I need them. It forces us to eat healthy and stay home for dinner and lunch when possible, while still having fun!

The first two recipes I am posting this week are recipes I recently tried for the first time. They are perfect summer party recipes and they were a hit!

Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad

This recipe calls for a lot of hot sauce! I made mine a bit spicy, so I suggest adding a small amount and then increasing the amount as needed. Also if you don't love the taste of blue cheese you could use ranch dressing instead!


Photo and recipe from Life on Leroy



Funfetti Dip


Photo and recipe from Adventures in Food



Monday: Shrimp and Quinoa


Photo and recipe from Iowa Girl Eats


Tuesday: Grilled Chicken with Tomato Cream Sauce


Recipe from Plain Chicken



Wednesday: Stuffed Sweet Potato


Recipe and photo from Happy Healthy Life



Thursday: Zucchini Fritters


Recipe and photo from Cook Your Dream



Friday: Easy Kung Poa Chicken


Recipe and photo from Lovely Little Snippets












1 comment: