Sunday, May 20, 2012

Menu Plan May 21-25

This whole food challenge has really been great! In some way it was not at all hard. In others it was really hard. As I said before the hardest things is when you are not at your house. But overall I think we are doing great!! :)
The kids have found a true love for dried mango. They think of it as a treat. If your kids have not tried it (the unsweetened, no additive kind), you should really have them give it a whirl. I think you would be surprised that they would trade in their regular treats for it!!

This week I started looking for recipes that I could convert to whole food recipes with a few changes. So feel free to make the changes or keep them the same, it is totally up to you!

Monday: I am having a birthday dinner for my mom, so I will be making the kabobs I made last week again. Here is a brand new recipe for you!

Whole Wheat Spaghetti and Meatballs


Recipe and photo from 100 Days of Real Food


Tuesday: Spicy Chicken Pizza

I will be making a homemade whole wheat crust similar to the one in this recipe.


Recipe and photo from Baking with Blondie


Wednesday: Garlic Cilantro Shrimp Rotini



Recipe and photo from Clean Eating Magazine


Thursday: Crab Cakes with Strawberry Melon Salsa


Recipe and Photo from Clean Eating Magazine


Friday: Chicken, Spinach and Goat Cheese Quesadillas
The only changes that I need to make to these is to use the homemade whole wheat tortillas! Yum!



Recipe and photo from Sugar Cooking

Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment