Thursday, May 17, 2012

Whole food Challenge days 2 and 3

Things are going great with our whole food challenge. If I had to pick the hardest part so far I would say it is the out of the house food that can be tricky. If we are out and about we can't just grab something quick and easy. It just takes more thought. Here is what we ate:

Day 2

Breakfast: left over pancakes from Monday

snack: fruit leather

Lunch: left over mac and cheese, peas and applesauce

snack: dried mango

Dinner: It was such a nice day we decided to go to the park so I packed a picnic dinner. We had cheese and spinach quesadillas on the homemade tortillas we made on Monday, sugar snap peas and carrots, watermelon, sprouted pretzels and dried mango

My kids LOVE the dried mango. It is so sweet and delicious they really think it is a treat!


Day 3

Breakfast: Eggs and whole wheat toast (That we bought from The Great Harvest Bread Company) and strawberries

snack: cheese and crackers (Brown Rice Snaps) and carrot sticks

Lucnh: Homemade Chicken Nuggets, green beans and watermelon
For the nuggets I just cut up chicken breast into bite size pieces, I coated the chicken with whole wheat Panko brad crumbs. I thin fried them in about 3 tablespoons of olive oil just to brown up both sides. I then popped them in the oven for 12 minutes or so on 375 to cook the chicken the rest of the way.

snack: grapes and sprouted pretzels

Dinner: Chicken Kabobs with roasted red pepper sauce, quinoa and spinach salad
OOOOHHH sooooo good!! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment