Saturday, May 5, 2012

Menu Plan May 7-11

If you haven't already stop over and LIKE my Facebook page! :)

Mother's day is right around the corner. You might decide to make your mom something special to eat! Mom's love when other people cook for them. Trust me everything tastes better when someone else cooks it! My mom happens to be a really great cook. She is the kind of cook that can just throw things together and they taste delicious every time. When I ask her how she made it she usually shrugs and says, "It was easy!" I learned to cook from my mom. I remember making so many things together. I remember making homemade egrolls, potato pancakes, lemon chicken stir fry, pineapple upside down cake, sauce and her famous soups and chowders. She has a natural talent for cooking.

I love to cook, but I am more of a recipe girl (as you can see). I like to have a recipe, but as I said before I almost always adjust the recipe to suit our needs. I usually try and make it a bit healthier by using whole wheat pastas, less butter, 1/2 and 1/2 and other small changes. I also try to adjust if there is something my family won't like or if it has eggs or nuts in it (for Cole). Mostly I just love to try new things and I can thank my mom for that. My husband says I am spoiled with food. I guess I never realized that I was. My mom made a different meal every night and we always tried new things. I guess not everybody did that!! Thankfully though now I can do the same for my family!

This week I am including a couple recipes you might want to make your mom for Mother's Day! Happy Mother's day to all the moms! :)

Monday: Turkey Burgers

I will probably use ground chicken in this recipe. I just like the taste better!


Photo and recipe from Macaroni and Cheesecake



Tuesday: Buffalo Chicken Quinoa


Photo and recipe from Iowa Girl Eats


Wednesday: Cobb Salad


Photo and recipe from The Family Kitchen


Thursday: Spinach Alfredo Pizza


Photo and recipe from The Way to His Heart


Friday Chicken on the grill

No recipe needed. I like to marinate my chicken in my favorite Newman's Own Family Recipe Italian dressing overnight. Throw it on the grill and YUMMY!! :)

Mother's day recipes:


Fruit Dip by: Iowa Girl Eats



Baked oatmeal by: Beauty and Bedlam



French Toast Bake by: Food Network



Enjoy!!




3 comments: