Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Felt Button Barrettes



I am so excited to have the time to do some little projects that I never...I repeat NEVER would have had time for if I was working. I feel accomplished and happy to do these cute crafty things!

I have been seeing so many felt flower necklaces and felt flower pins everywhere I wanted to try and make some barrettes for Daiya. When I went to Joann's I found the cutest felt buttons instead!!

These were really easy to make and once I did them I realized there are really endless possibilities when hot glueing stuff to barrettes. I can't wait to try something else!

Here are the steps I used:

1. I bought these clips and these felt buttons:


2. While I warmed up my hot glue gun, I sanded off a little bit of the finish on the barrettes. I thought this would help with the "grip" of the hot glue.


3. I glued the buttons on, layering colors and sizes.


That's it! So easy and so cute!


Daiya does not look happy in this picture, but it was probably the tenth one I took! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment