Sunday, March 25, 2012

Menu Plan March 26-30

The weather was absolutely amazing last week. The change to warm weather also changed my taste in food. Instead of casseroles and comfort food, I am craving fresh, light food!

This week I looked to my favorite magazine Cooking Light for some inspiration. The meals always are tasty and for the most part are easy recipes that do not take a lot of time to prepare. I decided to include 3 recipes from Cooking Light this week that I have used over and over and always are delicious.

The other two recipes this week are brand new to me and I am very excited to give them a try!

A note about last week: If you haven't tried the Taco Casserole it is a MUST try. It is so easy and sooooo tasty. The kids ate every last drop and asked for more! Give it a try if you haven't already!

Monday: Grilled Zucchini Caprese Sandwich


These sandwiches are so easy and they taste so fresh! This is a wonderful vegetarian meal that will not leave you hungry!

Picture and recipe source: Cooking Light


Tuesday: Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Alfredo

This is a new recipe for me, but I am excited to give it a try. I might cheat a little and buy the jar of roasted red peppers. I will just have to see how adventurous I feel! :)


Picture and recipe by Lauren's Latest along with a very detailed step by step.


Wednesday: Pepper Jack, Chicken and Peach Quesadillas 

This recipe is from Cooking Light and is a tried and true. It is really a summer dish for when the peaches are ripe and juicy. But we have had it off season too and it is still delicious. We have even subbed mango for peach when no good peaches are available. Also if your children don't like "spicy" cheese, you can use Colby Jack instead!


Picture and Source: Cooking Light


Thursday: Buffalo Chicken Strips with Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing

These are so easy and so delicious. Especially if I am craving the fried counterpart. The dressing is even healthier since you are making it yourself. Of course you could skip that step and just buy your favorite brand too!


Picture and Source: Cooking Light


Friday: Blackened Chicken with Cilantro Lime Quinoa

This is also a new recipe to me, but looks so amazing. The blackened seasoning might be a little much for the kids so I would probably cook a few pieces without the seasoning, but keep everything the same for us!


This wonderful recipe (and picture) I found at Sarcastic Cooking. I can't wait to try it!


I hope you like this week's menu and if you try anything please leave a comment!!
Also tell you friends about my blog and Facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment